1. Honor is his highest need – He will gravitate to the place that fuels his world. Honor, respect, and celebration are like oxygen. He needs to hear that you love him, are still attracted to him. He also needs you to be his number one cheerleader. Ephesians 5:33
2. Your spirit controls the atmosphere – Gentleness is not weakness, it’s the opposite of loud and contentious. Proverbs 21:19 says: ‘It is better to dwell in a corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman in a wide house.’ Give him a place to recover from the highs and lows of life.
3. Respect his decision making ability – Men are born with a need and desire to solve problems. When he is tasked with making a decision, yes, you do have the right to offer input. However, ultimately as the head of his household, he needs you to respect and support his prayerful decisions.
4. Live within your means – A Godly man desires to provide for his family. Having a wife, who he can depend on to work with that and not against it, is a wonderful thing. Budget is not a bad word.
5. Thank you – Appreciation makes anyone want to do more and even better. When your husband is doing what he can do to make your life better, don’t forget to acknowledge it.
6. Don’t expect him to read your mind – We are just not that smart.
7. RESERVE – some energy for him when he wants you sexually.
8. Give advice in a loving way – Do not nag him. Let the Holy Spirit be the enforcer. Prayer is an amazing thing. When you pray, there may be times you find you were the one who was wrong.
9. Don’t fill his every spare moment with chores – Allow him time for his own interests and hobbies. Proverbs 31:23 says: ‘her husband was known in the gates and spent time with the elders.’
10.Let go of the small stuff – He is human. Love doesn’t keep records of wrong doing.